Tuesday, June 05, 2007

a juicy contemplation

Another gem from Gunilla Norris in her book, "Being Home." (On a side note, I enjoy her introductions and prefaces much more than the actual prose in her books... but this is my personal taste. -Ellie)





Prayer and housekeeping-- they go together. They have always gone together. We simply know that our daily round is how we live. When we clean and order our homes, we are somehow also cleaning and ordering ourselves. We know this by virtue of being human creatures. How we hold the simplest of our tasks speaks loudly about how we hold life itself. How then do we "come home" spiritually and dwell there? In my own life I have found no better way than to value and savor the sacredness of daily living, to rely on repetition, that humdrum rhythm, which heals and steadies. Increasingly it is for me a matter of being willing "to be in place," to enter into deeper communion with the objects and actions of a day and to allow them to commune with me.

Labels:


one of us :: 8:37 AM :: 1 Comments

---------------oOo---------------