Thursday, October 05, 2006

Straight from the Farm

"Growing up on a farm you had to make your own toys and make your own fun."-Robert Elgin.

I found this great little webpage that details a lot of the homemade toys this man made as a child as well as the instructions on how to make them yourself. Take what you will... no comments on the shooting toys necessary. I've found if you don't allow your kids to play with guns they'll use sticks or legos or whatever else instead. So mine have taught me anyway, despite my best efforts to steer clear of gun toys. I've concluded it's best to just teach them about respect for guns and the proper use for them instead. (Still don't buy or encourage gun toys though... swords fine... but guns... just not my thing).

Anyway, I loved looking through this page and hope you find some treats in there as well!

-Ellie: Oak Harbor, WA

Labels: ,


one of us :: 9:32 AM :: 1 Comments

---------------oOo---------------