Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Song in my head



Here is a frequent scene of me driving in the car.
the wheels on the bus go round and round...
a different one? ok wait a minute....
mammas little baby loves shortening bread...
turn it up? Alright here goes!
Oh I love this one- DEO! ME SAY DEO!
You want Mary Poppins? Ok I can't find it so let's just sing Step in time step in time...

Before I know it I realize I'm singing head shoulders knees and toes on my afternoon out alone. Help!

I came across this poem in my favorite book The Reed of God by Caryll Houslander and it gave me some comfort.

PASTORAL
I am your reed, sweet shepherd, glad to be.
Now, if you will, breathe out your joy in me
And make bright song.
Or fill me with the soft moan of your love
When your delight has failed to call or move
The flock from wrong.

Make children's songs, or any songs to fill
Your reed with breath of life; but at your will
Lay down the flute,
And take repose, while music infinite
Is silence in your heart; and laid on it
Your reed is mute.


~Posted by Hope in CA

Labels: ,


one of us :: 3:34 PM :: 0 Comments

---------------oOo---------------