Wednesday, March 21, 2007

on peanut butter

Sia talked about eating real peanut butter on Monday. I posted about this a while ago on my personal blog but the joy is so great I had to share it here: Make your own peanut butter!

Simply put peanuts into a food processor or blender and process until it's the consistency you like! It's that simple! My kids get thrilled whenever I make a batch of peanut butter now... watching how something is made gives a certain joy to little ones.
  • This keeps for 3 weeks in your refrigerator.
  • If you can't bear the "natural" taste just yet, add a bit of honey before blending.
  • Roasted peanuts are drier than regular peanuts and may need a tablespoon or two of oil to smooth it up. Some add oil anyway just for extra smooth peanut butter.
  • Spanish peanuts are the oiliest and won't need any addition!
  • I buy a huge party-size tin of regular salted peanuts to use. But they are almost TOO salty so I spread the amount out that I'll be using on a paper towel to shake off some salt before processing.
  • You can make almond, cashew or any other nut butter this way too!

Labels:


one of us :: 6:50 PM :: 3 Comments

---------------oOo---------------