Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Sanctification so sweet

This little gem of a thought comes from one of our readers (and my dear friend):

The other night Lindsay and I were talking and she mentioned how this life is just a pilgrimage- our sanctification. I didn't think much of it at the time but I've been thinking a lot about that lately- I guess I've never really thought a lot about it before. Anyway, how gracious is God to give us all the pleasures we have in this life when all it is is our sanctification?! We aren't here to just enjoy this life; we're here to suffer and be united in that suffering with Christ. Our children could just be little pains in the butt without all the joy God has so kindly included with them. He gave us all these hormones and such to make us bond and love our children even when they completely test our patience. Anyway, you get the idea- it may be something encouraging for the other mamas to hear...

- Steph is a mother of two in Ogden, UT

Labels:


one of us :: 7:46 PM :: 0 Comments

---------------oOo---------------