Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Signs that my son is becoming a modernist

Xavier found a crucifix on the shelf and hands it to Leo: "Leo, you be the altar boy, I'll be Jesus and Mama is the priest."

***

We tried to implement the discipline strategy someone here suggested for naughty children in Mass. After last Sunday's liturgy, we told Xavier he needed to go apologize to Father for misbehaving in church. The priest was really great, got down to eye level and tried to smile and ease his fear. Xavier completely stonewalled him... stared at the ground and refused to say a word. Later, as we walked to the van and I explained how it's important to apologize for naughty behavior, Xavier replies: "But Mom, I don't need to talk to the priest. I already told Jesus I was sorry."


-Ellie

Labels:


one of us :: 8:59 AM :: 2 Comments

---------------oOo---------------