Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Divine Prisoner

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

For me, and maybe many of you... going to daily Mass isn't a feasible thought. My kids are at ages where I simply can't manage the three of them if I'm by myself in church. I miss it though... I used to be in the habit of going to daily Mass when I was single or when I just had my first child. It's addicting.


While I think it's justifiable that I don't attend Mass daily, I don't think I usually have an excuse to not take time out of my day to drive the five minutes to go visit the Master of the Universe in the tabernacle at our local parish. I can bring my children... they can voice their own prayers audibly without me shushing them (sometimes the sweetest things fall from their lips when they are face to face with God's altar). And I can do this in between naptimes, without fasting prior, without putting my children in church clothes, when it's convenient for my family. And if the boys act up or the baby is fussing, I can simply leave. Even staying for 3 minutes just to say "Hello, I love You..." is consoling for me... and certainly pleasing to Him. He waits for us. I'm convinced that if I visit Him daily in this way the graces will be immense. We have a family adoration hour at our church too that my husband and I switch off weeks to go to. But it is late at night and our kids don't go with us. Coming into the House of God regularly during the week familiarizes them with our Eucharistic Lord... let them come unto Him.

I think the single most underestimated source of strength, consolation, power and grace is found in the Blessed Sacrament. Jesus Christ has willingly made Himself prisoner in the most humble of forms... our indifference to this must agonize Him. The following are some awesome quotes for us to chew on.

-Ellie

"Do you want many graces? Go and visit the Blessed Sacrament often. Do you want few graces? Visit the Blessed Sacrament rarely. Do you want none at all? Then never pay a visit to the Blessed Sacrament,"
- St. John Bosco

How kind is our Sacramental Jesus! He welcomes you at any hour of the day or night. His Love never knows rest. He is always most gentle towards you. When you visit Him, He forgets your sins and speaks only of His joy, His tenderness, and His Love. By the reception He gives to you, one would think He has need of you to make Him happy.
- Saint Peter Julian Eymard

My heart feels as if it were being drawn by a superior force each morning just before uniting with Him in the Blessed Sacrament. I have such a thirst and hunger before receiving Him that it's a wonder I don't die of anxiety. I was hardly able to reach the Divine Prisoner in order to celebrate Mass. When Mass ended I remained with Jesus to render Him thanks. My thirst and hunger do not diminish after I have received Him in the Blessed Sacrament, but rather, increase steadily. Oh, how sweet was the conversation I held with Paradise this morning. The Heart of Jesus and my own, if you will pardon my expression, fused. They were no longer two hearts beating but only one. My heart disappeared as if it were a drop in the ocean.
-St. Pio

Eucharistic adoration is the greatest of actions. To adore is to share the life of Mary on earth when she adored the Word Incarnate in her virginal womb, when she adored Him in the Crib, on Calvary, in the divine Eucharist.
- Saint Peter Julian Eymard

When we speak to Jesus with simplicity and with all our heart, He does like a mother who holds her child's head with her hands and covers it with kisses and caresses.
- St. John Vianney, on adoring Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament

Labels:


one of us :: 9:49 AM :: 0 Comments

---------------oOo---------------