Thursday, October 19, 2006

Quick Pick

In one of our older posts, I went through some good poetry books for kids, but I left out what I've determined is my absolute favorite. After a long vacation in the netherworlds of beneath a bed, we found our book "The Glorious Mother Goose" again. I had forgotten how great it was. Mother Goose books are a dime a dozen, but this one is truly a treat. The illustrations are absolutely incredible. Cooper Edens has selected two different pieces of art for each corresponding rhyme... and they couldn't be better choices. I also appreciate how this book includes some of what are now considered "politically incorrect" rhymes too. I don't think I'll pick up another Mother Goose book as long as I live... this one is glorious indeed.


-Ellie

Labels:


one of us :: 4:30 PM :: 0 Comments

---------------oOo---------------