Monday, October 23, 2006

in the middle of the night...

Sometimes I wake up without explanation in the middle of the night. Usually, I just roll over and try to get back to sleep and don't think much of it. Lately though, it's come to mind that I may be waking for a reason. Well, I tell myself this so I don't get so annoyed at wasting sleep anyway. What if someone, somewhere is in need of prayer at that exact moment? I may never know who it was or what they needed, but I try to say at least a single Hail Mary for this unknown cause. I tell myself that I've saved people's marriages, drowning incidents, or suicide attempts... etc. Who knows? It's a useful way to use sleepless moments anyway. And no prayer ever goes to waste.


-Ellie

Labels:


one of us :: 4:06 PM :: 3 Comments

---------------oOo---------------