Thursday, September 14, 2006

Exultation of the Holy Cross

I thought it fitting to post some simple prayers before a crucifix for today's feast:
O good and dearest Jesus, I kneel before your face. With all my heart I ask you to place in my heart more faith, hope and charity. Give me a true sorrow for my sins and a strong will to do better With great sorrow and grief I look upon your five wounds and think about them. Before my eyes are the words that the prophet David said of you, O good Jesus: "They have pierced my hands and feet They have numbered all my bones." ~Prayer Source: Holy Lent by Eileen O'Callaghan, The Liturgical Press, Collegeville, Minnesota, 1975

Most high, glorious God, enlighten the darkness of my heart and give me Lord, a correct faith, a certain hope, a perfect charity, sense and knowledge, so that I may carry out Your holy and true command.
AMEN

This feast also marks the end of the Maronite liturgical year.

Labels:


one of us :: 5:34 AM :: 0 Comments

---------------oOo---------------