Monday, August 21, 2006

St. Pius X

"Holy Communion is the shortest and safest way to Heaven."
Pope St. Pius X was best known for reducing the age for reception of Holy Communion from 12-14 to age 7. He fought against Modernism and lived as humble of a life as possible considering his office.
Glorious Pope of the Eucharist, Saint Pius X, you sought "to resore all things in Christ." Obtain for me a true love of Jesus so that I may live only for Him. Help me to acquire a lively fervor and a sincere will to strive for sanctity of life, and that I may avail myself of the riches of the Holy Eucharist in sacrifice and sacrament. By your love for Mary, mother and queen of all, nflame my heart with tender devotion to her. Blessed model of the priesthood, obtain for us holy, dedicated priests, and increase vocations to the religious life. Dispel confusion and hatred and anxiety, and incline our hearts to peace and concord. so that all nations will place themselves under the sweet reign of Christ. Amen.

Labels:


one of us :: 10:08 AM :: 0 Comments

---------------oOo---------------