Monday, August 14, 2006

St. Maximilian Kolbe

"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers."

Today is the feast day of one of my very favorite saints: St. Maximilian Kolbe. This man was martyred in Auschwitz because he opted to give his life for another man's. Enough good things could not be said of him. He started the Knights of the Immaculata and serves as an extraordinary example of strength and courage everywhere. St. Luke Productions (the makers of the movie "Therese" is in the midst of producing a full feature film on St. Maximilian Kolbe; I am so excited! So please be generous with your donations to this company: www.stlukeproductions.com.

This has always touched me:

I asked the Mother of God what was to become of me. Then she came to me holding two crowns, one white, the other red. She asked if I was willing to accept either of these crowns. The white one meant that I should persevere in purity, and the red that I should become a martyr. I said that I would accept them both. -Saint Maximilian

Labels:


one of us :: 12:54 PM :: 0 Comments

---------------oOo---------------